Thursday, 30 May 2013

The suspect
CCTV footage of the man suspected of defacing the £7.5 million Bomber Command memorial with the word ‘Islam’ has been released online.

The images and video show a man, described as being ‘of African appearance’, moving in and out of the shadows to spray the monument in London in the early hours on Monday.

The pictures will undoubtedly prove to be a great disappointment to the anti-white media, which was fervently promoting the idea that the graffiti may have been the work of what it calls ‘far-right extremists’.

The Monument to the 55,573 Bomber Command veterans lost in the Second World War had the word ‘Islam’ sprayed on it in red paint.

The same night the £2 million Animals At War memorial nearby was plastered with the word ‘Islam’ and other messages, also in red paint.

The damage came days after the vicious murder of soldier Lee Rigby by black Muslims in Woolwich.

Last night Bomber Command veterans said they hoped the footage will help bring the perpetrator to justice. Gerry Abrahams, 90, of Margate, Kent, who flew 31 missions against Nazi Germany, said: ‘If anyone knows who this man is, please tell the police. He should be brought to justice. I am shocked and appalled by this vandalism.’

Footage from cameras linked to the RAF Club in Piccadilly opposite the memorial shows a man approaching it between 3.10am and 3.20am on Monday.

Wearing a woolly hat and a loose jacket, he makes a phone call, then looks around shiftily before spraying a couple of letters on the facade.

He stops and darts into the shadows just before traffic comes past. After looking around he sprays more letters on the memorial. He moves inside to the statue of seven airmen before walking briskly off towards Knightsbridge.

While he is inside the memorial, a car, which resembles an Audi RS4, pulls up for a few minutes before driving off.

The graffiti is likely to cost tens of thousands of pounds to repair. A spokesman for the RAF Benevolent Fund, which is responsible for the memorial’s maintenance, said: ‘The paint has seeped in to such a depth that the use of solvents is unlikely to bring the memorial back to how it should be. The worst case is taking the damaged stone out and replacing it with fresh stone, which will be very expensive.’

This will be on top of the £1.5 million needed to ensure the memorial’s maintenance in perpetuity.

The Metropolitan Police said the incidents were being treated as criminal damage and called on anyone with information to call Westminster CID via 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Popular posts

- Copyright © County Durham Patriots - Powered by Blogger -